Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is from Saveur Magazine December 2005 and is different than the recipes already posted. It is the recipe I used to make during the Peter Pan's administration.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour bundt pan, I use Bakers Joy.
- Put cake mix, oil, eggs, Galliano, Vodka, pudding mix, and orange juice in a large bowl.
- Beat with an electric mix on medium speed until well mixed.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake until golden brown and toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean.
- About 45-50 minutes.
- Cool in pan on rack for 10 minutes.
- Invert onto serving plate.
- Put confectioners sugar, orange juice, liquer, and vodka in a small bowl and stir until smooth.
- Pour over still warm cakie.
I've had this same recipe for over 20 years! I can't tell you exactly where I got it from, but this makes the most moist delicious cake you would ever want. Thank you for posting this here.
For an adult party, I used more vodka in the glaze. It was just right, and really added more flavour. I was asked if people with a problem with alcohol would have a problem with this cake, and to be honest I don't know. The alcohol will back out in the cake, but the glaze will still have it, and I don't know if the taste will trigger issues.