Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is from Saveur Magazine December 2005 and is different than the recipes already posted. It is the recipe I used to make during the Peter Pan's administration.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour bundt pan, I use Bakers Joy.
- Put cake mix, oil, eggs, Galliano, Vodka, pudding mix, and orange juice in a large bowl.
- Beat with an electric mix on medium speed until well mixed.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake until golden brown and toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean.
- About 45-50 minutes.
- Cool in pan on rack for 10 minutes.
- Invert onto serving plate.
- Put confectioners sugar, orange juice, liquer, and vodka in a small bowl and stir until smooth.
- Pour over still warm cakie.
I've had this same recipe for over 20 years! I can't tell you exactly where I got it from, but this makes the most moist delicious cake you would ever want. Thank you for posting this here.
For an adult party, I used more vodka in the glaze. It was just right, and really added more flavour. I was asked if people with a problem with alcohol would have a problem with this cake, and to be honest I don't know. The alcohol will back out in the cake, but the glaze will still have it, and I don't know if the taste will trigger issues.