Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 hrs
my mother- in -law's recipe. I'm asked to bring these wings every time we have a get together.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs chicken wings
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup vodka
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic granules or 2 -3 minced garlic cloves
- Mix all sauce ingredients thoroughly and pour over wings.
- Marinate for at least one hour. I myself try to marinate overnight.
- Bake in a 400 degree oven for one hour, flipping once half way through cooking time.
- Recipe easily doubles or triples.
These were "OK"...they certainly are NOT "to die for", but they are a change from the usual Buffalo-style wings. Not sure if I'll make these again or not...sorry.
Rich, sticky, delicious! Kids and hubby loved them, will be making these again for sure, it was so simple. I might try it on legs and ribs too. Thanks for posting this recipe.