Prep 1 hr
Cook 10 hrs
Heres a great rub for another version of my 'lil' John's Oven Deep Pit or you can also use it on ribs for the grill.
- 5 lbs boneless chuck roast
- 1 cup Old Bay Seasoning
- 1⁄2 cup pappys brand seasoning
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- aluminun aluminum foil
- 1 large brown paper bag
- butchers string
- Mix all ingredients to form a runny paste.
- Rub mixture all over the meat.
- place meat on a sheet of aluminum foil and seal with seam up, repeat this with two more layers of foil.
- Place the rapped meat seam side up into the brown paper bag and roll up the bag and tie off with the butchers string on each end of the bag.
- Refrigerate for 5 hrs or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 225°F.
- Place the bagged meat on a sheet pan and cook in the 225 degrees oven for 10 - 12 hours.
- Meat must reach a temperature of 165°F.
- Remove bag and foil and shred and serve with avocado, sour cream, salsa and corn tortillas.
- Prep time does not include refrigerated time.