Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is the avocado recipe for people who HATE avocado! lol One day my best friend from Mozambique made this and I'm not real fond of avocado but except this recipe! Even my other friend who has never tried avocado before loved it! It may not look attractive but tastes GREAT!
- 5 avocados
- 3 -4 bananas, cut into small pieces (it depends on how sweet the bananas are)
- 4 -5 tablespoons sugar
- 2 lemons, cut into half
- Cut the avocados into half and remove the skin and seed.
- In a bowl, put the avocados and bananas and mash them up (but not too much).
- Add sugar and squeeze the lemon juice.
- Mix well.
- Taste it, and add extra sugar or lemon juice if it's necessary.
- Chill in a fridge for about 15-20 minutes (until it's get cold).
Weird sounding... but strangely delicious!!!! I'm looking for much healthier deserts because I HAVE TO :( Subtituted the sugar with slenda and can't wait to share it at work. Thank you!
I didn't make it for dessert. I made it for breakfast for my 14 month old identical twin granddaughters Alanna and Brenna. I made it without the sugar and used 1/2 an avocado and 1/3 of a banana with just a little squeeze of lemon juice. Avocados are great for babies as it is a good source of "brain" food and it helps their palates adjust to other foods that are good for them. The babies LOVED the dish, and so did I! Thanks Tomoko for posting such a fabulous, versatile recipe! It will be a regular in the girls' diets.
Amazing. Tomoko made this for us tonight, and I must admit to being loathe to taste it, then absolutly loving it. You need to use just ripe avocados and quite ripe bananas to get the right texture, and the sugar and lemon give a lovely sweet and sour taste to it. I can imagine it as a savoury salad as well as a dessert, and we all thought it would be good if you reduced the sugar a bit and added shrimp for another version. I'm converted.