Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A friend of mine always added cream of mushroom soup to her ramen noodles, though it might work with macaroni too! Sho nuff! It's tasty!
- 1 (16 ounce) package elbow macaroni
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 lb processed cheese, cubed
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
- Add pasta and cook for 8-10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine butter, milk mushroom soup and processed cheese.
- Stir until cheese is melted and mixture is smooth.
- Stir in cooked pasta.
- Pour into 2-quart baking dish and bake 20 minutes or until top is golden brown.
- Let stand 10 minutes and serve.
This is my MIL's recipe although she uses about 1/2 lb. of cheese and a little more milk and salt and pepper to taste. It is especially delicious when covered with cornflake crumbs and sprayed on top with an oil spray. The kids always gobble this up (as do the adults when we want to do something sinful).
I used a mild cheddar cheese with this and topped the dish with breadcrumbs. What a great flavor! Mac & Cheese doesn't get any better. The kids made a meal out of this on it's own!
Quick and easy but a complete miss with me and my family. It asked for too much cheese and because of this we all found it too cheesey. Maybe I need to use less chess to appreciate this but I don't think I will be trying this on a gain.