Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
I ripped this recipe straight from Amy Sedaris' hilarious entertaining book "I Like You: Hospitality Under the Influence." It's terribly fattening and wonderfully delicious! I use 8 ounces regular cream cheese and 8 ounces light cream cheese. I use walnuts or pecans.
- 473.18 ml shredded smoked gouda cheese
- 453.59 g cream cheese
- 118.29 ml butter
- 36.97 ml milk
- 12.32 ml steak sauce
- 236.59 ml chopped nuts
- Bring all ingredients to room temperature.
- Beat the Gouda, cream cheese, butter, milk and steak sauce together in a bowl until combined.
- Chill overnight.
- Roll the mixture into a ball.
- Roll the ball in the chopped nuts.
- Serve at room temperature with ritz or club crackers.
Oooh! This was a GOOD-A gouda cheese ball! I halved the recipe and ended up making it twice in one week (once for a work potluck and then again for a family get together). It was such a hit! The creamy, smoked gouda and the A1 are so awesome together! Tremendous! Thank you!!
So good! The smoky flavor of the Gouda is fab and the zing from the A1 is a great combo!