Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is our family's Christmas Eve buffet favorite. The best thing about this recipe is that you can make it ahead and freeze them, them thaw that morning and heat them up in the crock pot.
- 1 cup jellied cranberry sauce (not jelly)
- 3 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 (5 1/2 ounce) packages Little Smokies sausages
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 4 teaspoons cold water
- In large pan over medium heat, cook first four ingredients, stirring, until cranberry sauce melts and becomes smooth.
- Add wieners and heat through.
- Mix cornstarch with just enough cold water to dissolve, then add to pot and heat to boiling.
Yes yes! This recipes is AWSOME! I cooked these up this evening and they were sooooooo yummy good! Thank you for sharing such a great recipe. I have cooked them with BBQ sauce in the crock before. but i have to say this was much better! Wife and I enjoyed them and will make them again soon. Title is misleading but i did cook the sauce up first in a pan on the stove, then poured over the smokies in the crock and let them cook. They were so tender after being cooked in the crock.
I eyeballed the ingredients and made it for a work potluck - was tasty. Think I may prefer Nippy Franks but this was a nice alternative.
Made this up for my husband and mates for the superbowl. They loved it.