Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Spaghetti with a twist...
- 1 (16 ounce) box spaghetti
- 1 (12 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (12 ounce) can diced tomatoes with sweet onions
- 1 (8 ounce) package neufchatel cheese or 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 lb ground sirloin or 1 lb ground chuck
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- Start boiling water to cook the pasta as directed on package.
- Next brown the beef in a deep skillet.
- Add the tomato sauce, tomato paste, diced tomato with onion and 1/2 cup water. (If your skillet is not big enough it is okay to transfer to a pot.).
- Stir the mixture and bring to a boil, then lower to a simmer. You will want to add salt, pepper, and italian seasoning (to your taste preference).
- Pasta should be drained by now.
- Add the nuefchatel/cream cheese to the sauce mixture. Stir until it is completely blended. Add to the drained pasta and dinner is served.
My family did not like the cream cheese addition.
This was a good twist on the old spaghetti standby we normally have. Hubby and son really enjoyed it, personally for me, I think next time I'll try with half the cream cheese.
Really really good.... I added garlic and onion while I was browning the meat and added more herbs in the sauce... very thick and hearty...