Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Lil was my dear mum-in-law and she'd make Wheaties for us often when we went to visit. A very easy popular slice.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, maybe a little more
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 cup self raising flour
- 1 cup cereal (I use Wheaties, or cornflakes)
- 1⁄2 cup coconut
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 1 tablespoon cocoa
- milk, just a little to bind
- Mix butter and sugar to a cream, add flour, coconut and Wheaties, this is a very thick mixture.
- Press into slab tin and bake 20 mins at 200degC (400degF).
- Mix icing ingredients and ice whilst hot and cut into squares.