Recipe by 2Bleu
A great way to use up those cute lil pumpkins! Use small to medium sized pumpkins, that will yield you the 1/3 cup total of pumpkin meat and also leave a hearty amount of meat still attached to keep the pumpkins shape. A special thanks to Chef #114027.for helping with this recipe. :)
Top Review by Chef Jean
The cutest presentation ever! Pumpkin flavor is the star of the dish with the other vegetable adding a great back up. I would recommend using pumpkins that are about 5inches across, I used small pumpkins about 3 inches across and had some troubles. Made for PRMR.
- 2 small fresh pumpkin, in-tact, top removed, seeded and 1/3 cup of meat scooped out and reserved
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 dash salt, to taste
- 1 dash black pepper, to taste
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 small carrot, diced
- 1 small celery rib, diced
- 1 small tomatoes, diced
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1⁄4 cup cooked rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F Coat the inside of the pumpkins with half the melted butter, then sprinkle the inside with salt and pepper. Place on a cookie sheet and bake for 20 minutes.
- Saute mixed vegetables in remaining butter for about 5 minutes. Add the broth and cooked rice and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and pour soup into the pumpkins.
- Return the filled pumpkins to the oven with the lid on top and bake about 1 hour or until the pumpkin is tender, but not too soft.