Recipe by Misti_Country_Girl
Using a pound cake mix and and store bought frosting, how much easier can you get?? Looks very cute on the dessert table.
- 16 ounces poundcake mix
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 16 ounces vanilla frosting or 16 ounces cream cheese frosting
- orange food coloring
- 12 large gumdrops
- gumdrop, leaves and vines (optional see note)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350*. Grease and lightly flour six 4-inch fluted individual tube pans.
- In large bowl, combine cake mix, pumkin, eggs, water, pumpkin pie spice and baking soda.
- Beat with electric mixer on medium speed for 3 minutes.
- Pour about 1/3 cup of the batter into each tube pan. (Chill remaining batter while cakes bake.).
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until tothpick inserted near center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on wire racks for 10 minutes.
- Remove mini cakes from pan. Repeat with remaining batter to make 6 more mini cakes.
- Tint frosting orange.
- For each cake: Spread about 2 rounded tablespoons of the frosting on flat side of one mini cake. Add another on top, pressing sides flat together to form a round pumpkin shaped cake.
- Frost outside of cake with orange frosting.
- Make stems by trimming sides of green gumdrops straight with knife; place stem in center of each cake.
- Make gumdrop leaves and vines by rolling out gumdrops on well sugared surface with sugared rolling pin.
- For the vines, cut the rolled gumdrops into thin strips and wrap them around a straw. Let stand for several hours or until dry.
- For leaves, use tiny leaf shaped cookie cutter to cut out the rolled candy. Dry on waxed paper.