Prep 0 mins
Cook 15 mins
For those who love their pork ribs smoked this is a great rub. You can use it on chicken and beef too. If you can get the fresh ingredients and grind them yourself its that much better. One more thing. Never use spices that have been sitting around your kitchen for more than a year. Fresh is always best. This recipe is named after my dog Ozzy. He inspired the name because he's always happy with a little butt rub...;)
- In a dry saucepan, heat up the paprika and pepper. This will intensify the flavors by bringing the natural oils out. Don't burn it - just heat it up a bit.
- Take a large bowl and add all the ingredients.
- Wisk them together until there are no lumps and the color is a nice light mahogany.
- Put it into a jar and keep whatever is left over in a cool dark place. It'll keep for a few months.
- Sprinkle on your ribs and rub into the meat.
- Put it in the fridge for a few hours to let those flavors sink into the meat.
- Prepare your ribs your ususal way and enjoy!