Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
We had a luau for my step-daughter's 5th birthday and we found a recipe for Luau Smokies on the internet. We messed around with it a bit and this is what we came up with. We used 2 packages of Lil' Smokies like the recipe suggests but next time we will be doubling that amount. These things disappeared really quickly. They have a good balance between tangy and sweet and they really go well with the rest of the luau food. The best thing is that after it's cooked, you just throw it in a crock pot and forget about it!
- In a pan, heat oil over Medium heat. Saute onion until tender, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- In a large saucepan, combine onions, brown sugar, flour and mustard.
- Gradually stir in pineapple juice and chunks, vinegar and soy sauce.
- Bring to a boil over Medium heat, stirring frequently.
- Boil for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add Lil' Smokies and stir to coat.
- Serve in a crock pot set on Warm.