Prep 10 mins
Cook 13 mins
Here is another treat I made for church on Sunday.... These are really yummy! With this batch I used lemon zest...I have some orange zest in the freezer too and I may just have to try these muffins with the orange next!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, softened
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons orange zest or 2 teaspoons lemon zest or 2 teaspoons lime zest
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- For muffins, lightly spray cups of Deluxe Mini-Muffin Pan with nonstick cooking spray or line with paper liners.
- In Small Batter Bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; mix well.
- In Classic Batter Bowl, beat 1/4 cup softened butter and 2/3 cup sugar until well blended.
- Add egg; beat until smooth.
- Mix in sour cream, vanilla and orange zest.
- Add flour mixture; mix just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- (Do not overmix.)
- Using Small Scoop, drop a rounded scoop of batter into each muffin cup.
- Bake 12-13 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Do not overbake.
- Cool in pan 3 minutes; remove from pan.
- Cool slightly.
- For topping, dip tops of warm muffins into butter and then into sugar.
- Serve warm.