1/6 Photos of Lil' Cheddar Meatloaves
We have given up all other meat loaf recipes for this one. I love the individual servings and every bite has the yummy catsup sauce where in "regular" meat loaf it's just a small strip on top! With the smaller loaves it also makes the cooking time a bit quicker. This recipe came from '99 TOH magazine but I added the rubbed sage for some extra flavor. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a bowl, beat the egg and milk.
- 2Stir in cheese, oats, onion, salt and rubbed sage.
- 3Add beef and mix well.
- 4(It will seem runny at first but will thicken up as you mix.) Shape into 8 equal sized loaves (oval/egg shaped) and place in a greased 9X13X2" baking dish.
- 5Sauce: Combine catsup, brown sugar and mustard.
- 6Spoon over each loaf so they are all covered in the sauce.
- 7Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until meat is no longer pink and a meat thermometer reads 160 degrees.
- 8For OAMC:.
- 9To Freeze:Place the meat loaves in the casserole dish (without sauce).
- 10Wrap with foil and freeze.
- 11To Reheat: Defrost overnight.
- 12Mix together the sauce and top each meat loaf with sauce.
- 13Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until meat is no longer pink in the center.
- 14Cooked meat loaves (already topped with sauce) also freeze very well and then can be defrosted and heated in the microwave for a quick meal.
Browse Our Top Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lil' Cheddar Meatloaves
Serving Size: 1 (150 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 275.7
- Calories from Fat 109
- Total Fat 12.2 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 78.1 mg
- Sodium 674.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 18.4 g
- Protein 17.5 g