Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 0 mins
Cook 3 mins
From the book "Kids Cooking" by Liz Franklin, these pastries are too good for words! Great for all you apple lovers out there.
- Set the oven to 350 degrees F. You will need a 12-cup mini muffin pan.
- Cut the filo pastry into squares about 2 inches and brush them with melted butter.
- Lay two squares together, one on top of the other, and press them gently into the mini muffin pan to make little tartlet cases.
- Bake for 3-4 minutes until crisp and golden. Leave them to cool on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, peel the apples and cut out the cores.
- Chop the apples into small pieces. Cook them gently into a small saucepan with a spoonful of water for about 5 minutes until they are soft and mushy.
- Take the pan off the heat and leave them to cool. Mash the apples with a fork and stir in the superfine sugar.
- Put a spoonful of apple into each filo case; give them sprinkling of confectioners' sugar and serve at once.