From the book "Kids Cooking" by Liz Franklin, these pastries are too good for words! Great for all you apple lovers out there.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Set the oven to 350 degrees F. You will need a 12-cup mini muffin pan.
- 2Cut the filo pastry into squares about 2 inches and brush them with melted butter.
- 3Lay two squares together, one on top of the other, and press them gently into the mini muffin pan to make little tartlet cases.
- 4Bake for 3-4 minutes until crisp and golden. Leave them to cool on a wire rack.
- 5Meanwhile, peel the apples and cut out the cores.
- 6Chop the apples into small pieces. Cook them gently into a small saucepan with a spoonful of water for about 5 minutes until they are soft and mushy.
- 7Take the pan off the heat and leave them to cool. Mash the apples with a fork and stir in the superfine sugar.
- 8Put a spoonful of apple into each filo case; give them sprinkling of confectioners' sugar and serve at once.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lil' Apple Tarts
Serving Size: 1 (50 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 93.5
- Calories from Fat 19
- Total Fat 2.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 5.0 mg
- Sodium 29.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 16.3 g
- Protein 0.3 g