Recipe by Jellybeene01
Strawn's is a Restrauant that serves home cooked meals ( like Momma use to make) and their pies "R" to die for. The recipe was in the local newspaper. It's easy to make and as a friend from church said "It's heavenly".
Top Review by CalypsoGilstrap
Excellent recipe and easy to follow directions! Strawn's piles on whipped topping (like six inches) and serves in ice cold! I used fresh Stratford, Oklahoma peaches and a Mrs. Smith frozen pie crust. Delicious - watch out you will be craving this pie.
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup cornstarch
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄8 cup butter
- 8 large peaches, peeled, cut into wedges and tossed with a little
- lemon juice, to prevent browning
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 baked pie crusts
- 1 pint whipped cream, whipped stiff, sweetned with
- powdered sugar, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- With electric mixer beat yolks and sugar until a light lemon color.
- Add cornstarch, salt and vanilla.
- Add milk a little at the time until blended.
- Cook over low heat stirring constantly until thick, almost stiff.
- If there are lumps beat with mixer until smooth.
- Add 1/4 stick of butter and let cool.
- Toss peach wedges with powdered sugar.
- Spread half of the custard in the bottom of each pie shell.
- Top with peaches and ice with whipped, sweetned cream.
- NOTE: Bettina uses the custard all in one pie and uses 4 large peaches.