Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
When I saw the insert in my Sunday paper, just knew that I had to try and replicate a fantastic picture of Tuscan Chicken. After tweaking it a bit, came up with a very satisfying dish. Think you will like it.
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast, sliced into strips
- 1⁄2 green pepper, sliced into strips
- 1⁄2 red pepper, sliced into strips
- 16 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 ounces linguine (I used whole wheat)
- 15 ounces diced tomatoes
- 1⁄3 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Cook linguine according to directions, drain and set aside.
- Heat 1/2 of olive oil in large fry-pan, over medium high heat.
- Place chicken strips in pan and cook about 3 minutes each side, or until done, then set aside.
- Put remainder of olive oil in same pan, leaving chicken remnants. Add sliced peppers, mushrooms, stirring ocasionally, until all is tender. After cooking these ingredients for a few minutes, add garlic and stir until it becomes done-- just about a minute.
- Add the wine, tomatoes(with juice) and all spices, salt and pepper. Stir the ingredients together and let simmer for 3-4 minutes.
- Add chicken into the pan and stir, letting all ingrdients blend and simmer a few minutes more.
- In a large mixing bowl combine linguine and chicken mixture. Add the parmesan cheese and toss all together.
- Serve and enjoy.
I saw the picture in an ad just this AM and wanted to create. I was so happy to see you had already done that. We loved it and I will be moving it to our Tried & True file. I used a whole red pepper and a whole green pepper because we love them and probably more mushrooms. The only thing I added was some red pepper flakes just becauses we like a little spice. Thanks for posting.
We enjoyed this very flavorful dish. I served this with Romano's Macaroni Grill Rosemary Bread and a salad. I've never had it a Macaroni Grill, but it sure tasted good at home. Thanks for sharing this recipe!