Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This Recipe brings a delicious, creamy, savory taste to a bed of lettuce. There is no high-calorie salad dressings, mayonnaise or sodium content of any kind. With this salad you don't need to drowned it with heavy dressings. It's low Calorie, easy to prepare and perfect for any occasion. This just tastes yummy!
- 2 ears corn (white or yellow)
- 5⁄8 low-fat ricotta cheese
- 1 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese (Shredded)
- 1⁄4 cup basil (Chopped)
- 1 1⁄2 cups broccoli (Small florets)
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced (Whole Scallions)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups romaine lettuce (Chopped)
- 1 -2 cherry tomatoes
- Separate corn from cob and place kernels in a large bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients of Ricotta Cheese, Mozzarella Cheese, Basil, Broccoli, Green Onions with garlic powder, salt and pepper. Mix until well combined.
- Lay down a thick bed of Romaine Lettuce and place approx 3/4 (more or less) cup of the mixture on top of the lettuce. Garnish with one or two small cherry tomatoes. Serve Immediately. The mixture keeps well in a tightly closed container in the fridge for up to three to four days. Keep mixture separately from lettuce until ready to serve.
- Useful Tip: To remove kernels from cob, stand the uncooked cob upright on stem end and take a sharp, thin knife to slice in a downward motion in a shallow baking dish until all the corn has been removed from the ear. This will help keep the corn in a central location. This technique also produces whole kernels that are good for adding to the salad.