Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is slightly modified from other versions to use light sour cream.
Make and share this Like Otis Spunkmeyer Chocolate Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Put 19 muffin cup liners in regular sized muffin pans.
- In microwave, for 1 minute, melt the first 3 ingredients- semisweet chocolate, baking chocolate and butter.
- Microwave a little more if needed.
- Add sour cream and brown sugar, stir.
- Add Karo syrup, egg and vanilla and stir.
- Add flour, soda and salt and stir.
- Add chocolate chips.
- Fill muffin cups 1/2 to 2/3 full.
- Bake 10-15 minutes.
- Don't overbake.
I found a better one ! I add and use what I have in my kitchen and came acroos this one by accident . I have tested it in 8 people so far and they all agree , that I Got this one down pat ! --------- 5 T . melted butter ( good real butter ) --------
1 square of simi sweet chocolate ( melted )----------1 and 1/4 cup milk--------1 egg--------1 teaspoon vanilla-----2 cups all- pupose flour----2/3 c sugar----1/3 c Dark Coacoa powder-------1 Tablespoon baking powder---1/2 t baking soda---1/2 teaspoon salt . 1 cup of sweet chocolate chips dust with flour so they will not sink.--set aside--. Melt butter and chocolate block together in microwave ,set aside . add all dry things together ,then add wet things to the dry , mix with blender for 1 min . -- fold in choc chips with a spoon ----- pour into sprayed muffin tins and bake for 20 min at 350 degrees ! -- Spunkmires secret is the the dark coocoa powder !
Made these for a spring break special breakfast for the twins. WOW! Absolutely to die for!! I did reduce the temp to 375 degrees only because I was using a dark pan. Otherwise, no changes were made. They were perfect in every way!!!