My mom made the best pineapple upside down cake and unfortunately no one in the family has the recipe. I found this recipe on the internet somewhere, and its taste like my Mom's recipe. It is so yummy and no yellow cake mix. Note: This was edited from when it was first posted, I accidently added all the butter with the brown sugar for top coating.
- Use a 9 or 10 inch cast iron skillet or pan.
- Melt 1/4 cup of the butter over low heat in skillet, add brown sugar make sure evenly coats bottom.
- Take pan off of the heat, arrange pineapple slices on top of brown sugar.
- In a large bowl, cream other 1/4 cup of butter with the sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, mix until blended. Add juice, milk if using, and vanilla. Beat until sugar is well dissolved.
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt and mix with the egg mixture until well blended.
- Pour batter into the skillet/pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes.
- Let cool for 10 minutes and then put plate over skillet/pan and flip over.
Great, moist and flavorful. I love pineapple upside cake and this was no exception. I was a little worried because the batter filled the pan to the top, and I was afraid the batter was going to overflow while cooking, but it turned out great. I had to cook it for an additional 15 minutes to get the center cooked through. Thanks for another wonderful recipe, diner524. Made for ZWT5.
Omg! This cake came out perfectly and it was delicious. My family devoured it so quickly I wish I had made two. This was the first time I baked a cake from scratch and the recipe was so easy and simple. I will definitely save this recipe and use it many times. Thank you so much for sharing this with us!
My family was begging for a pineapple upside down cake and I am so glad I found your recipe! We loved it! The downside is I did over cook it a bit, but I know for next time to pull it out of my oven sooner. (Not a problem with your recipe, but my grumpy old oven!) Thank you for posting.