Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
If you enjoy KFC's coleslaw, I think you will like this one, Remember to cut the cabbage thin!
- 6 cups cabbage, sliced thinly
- 1 cup finely shredded carrot
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery seed
- 3 tablespoons instant minced onion
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 2 drops hot pepper sauce
- Combine cabbage, sugar, carrots, salt, pepper and milk.
- Cover and refridgerate 15 minutes. Combine the mayo, buttermilk, celery seed, hot pepper sauce and onions.
- Combine with the cabbage and refrigerate before serving.
I love cole slaw and this was a nice change from the usual, made with vinegar added to the mayonnaise. I used chopped green onions in place of the onion flakes. Thank you michEgan for the nice salad!