Recipe by Oolala
My maternal Grandmother made a cookie that tasted like these. No one has her recipe and she is no longer with us. My cousin, Steve, was in Jamaica, on vacation, and had these cookies there. He was so happy to have tasted "her" cookie again that he got the chef to give him the recipe and here it is: a universally delicious cookie! Note: the recipe said "less than an oz. baking powder" so I guessed. If you bake and have a better "guess-timate" please feel free to change the amount as I haven't made these yet.
- 2 tablespoons butter, 1/4 of a stick
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 eggs, medium size
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, can adjust to taste
- cinnamon, to taste
- nutmeg (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter (microwave works great) and combine the sugar and eggs with the melted butter.
- Slowly, while mixing, add the flour and baking powder and other ingredients to taste.
- Pinch small amounts of the batter with fingers and drop onto a cookie sheet lined in parchment paper or greased.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes.