Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I read the ingredients on the container, read it twice and read it a third time: no basil, no nuts. Copycat version of Cibo Natural's Pesto from Seattle, Washington. Serving suggestions from the Cibo company: spread for French bread, sandwich condiment, or slather approximately two-three tablespoons pesto on a chicken breast or thigh and bake in oven until chicken is done, add some mayonnaise to the pesto for "instant aioli", etc. Many uses!
- 12 ounces marinated artichoke hearts, hearts coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- cracked black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced
- lemon slice
- 1 sprig fresh parsley
- Note: all amounts given for ingredients are estimated. Yield is estimated.
- Pesto: Place all pesto ingredients except for the 1 tablespoon of parsley in a food processor and puree on the PULSE setting to the consistency of standard pesto.
- Transfer to a non-reactive container, stir in 1 tablespoon fresh parsley and cover with a lid. Best prepared at least 3 hours in advance.
- Before serving, adjust seasonings. Transfer pesto to a platter.
- Garnish top of the pesto with lemon slices and a fresh parsley sprig.
- Serve at room temperature.