Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Oh man I tried this and I mean it comes closer to box brownies than anything I have tried before! This is great and they are done in 20 minutes tops! Moist and chewy and dense but in a good way... A true brownie. (oh and I didn't use the nuts...)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 2 tablespoons water
- 8 ounces BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate, baking bar broken into small pieces
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- PREHEAT oven to 350°F Grease a 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- COMBINE flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Microwave sugar, butter and water in a large, microwave-safe bowl on HIGH (100%) power for 3 minutes or until mixture boils, stirring once. Add broken baking bars; stir until melted. Add eggs, one at a time, stirring after each addition until well blended. Stir in vanilla extract. Add flour mixture; stir well. Stir in nuts. Pour into prepared baking pan.
- BAKE for 16 to 20 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out still slightly sticky. Cool in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars.
- FOR SAUCEPAN METHOD:
- HEAT sugar, butter and water in medium saucepan just to a boil, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Proceed as above.