Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 mins
My mother loved Arby's Asian salad, mainly the dressing. Unfortunately they stopped selling it. She asked me if I could create a copy cat of the dressing. She claims that the following recipe is just about perfect. I realize its a huge list of ingredients, so if your not the type that keeps tons of ingredients on hand, this might be a little much. It sure is good though.
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons crushed pineapple
- 2 tablespoons pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 2 inches fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon cilantro
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- Put all ingredients except oil into the bowl of your food processor.
- Slowly add the oil as you run the processor. Run until totally combined.
- Refrigerate if not using immediately.
This is quite unlike the usual dressings one sees but it is well worth making. It does take a bit to get all those ingredients gathered but makes up easily once you get them together. Thank you for posting your version of Arby's Asian dressing - we enjoyed.