Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Make and share this Like Applebee's Southwest Steak Skillet recipe from Food.com.
- 2 (5 1/2 ounce) sirloin steaks
- blackened steak seasoning, 4 shakes
- 1⁄2 cup red pepper, julienne cut
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, julienne cut
- 1 cup yellow onion, julienne cut
- butter, as needed
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- garlic, granulated, to taste
- 1 slice cheddar cheese
- 1 slice monterey jack cheese, sliced
- Preheat skillet or grill to 550 degrees F.
- Shake blackened steak seasoning on to one side of meat and grill to desired doneness, turning halfway on grill between "flips" to achieve "diamond" grill marks.
- While steak is cooking, cut onions and peppers.
- Melt butter and saute onions and peppers. Season with salt, pepper and garlic. Reduce heat and hold until steak is cooked.
- For final minute of steak cooking, top with cheese slices.
- Plate for service with onions and peppers and serve with your favorite side dishes.