My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (5 1/2 ounce) sirloin steaks
- blackened steak seasoning, 4 shakes
- 1/2 cup red pepper, julienne cut
- 1/2 cup green pepper, julienne cut
- 1 cup yellow onion, julienne cut
- butter, as needed
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- garlic, granulated, to taste
- 1 slice cheddar cheese
- 1 slice monterey jack cheese, sliced
- 1Preheat skillet or grill to 550 degrees F.
- 2Shake blackened steak seasoning on to one side of meat and grill to desired doneness, turning halfway on grill between "flips" to achieve "diamond" grill marks.
- 3While steak is cooking, cut onions and peppers.
- 4Melt butter and saute onions and peppers. Season with salt, pepper and garlic. Reduce heat and hold until steak is cooked.
- 5For final minute of steak cooking, top with cheese slices.
- 6Plate for service with onions and peppers and serve with your favorite side dishes.
Browse Our Top Low In... Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Like Applebee's Southwest Steak Skillet
Serving Size: 1 (338 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 473.6
- Calories from Fat 260
- Total Fat 28.9 g
- Saturated Fat 13.7 g
- Cholesterol 144.3 mg
- Sodium 249.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 5.9 g
- Protein 40.1 g