Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 hrs
I ran across this and wanted to add it to my cookbook so thought I would share as well. Let me know what you think.
- 4 (8 ounce) mahi mahi fillets
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons liquid smoke
- Combine all ingredients, except mahi mahi, in large bowl, stir with wire.
- Whip until well-mixed.
- Place fish in a shallow pan and pour marinade mixture over the top.
- Let stand for 2 to 3 hours in the refrigerator.
- Mahi mahi can be grilled or sautéed.
- Grilling is preferable, as it brings out more flavor.
- If grilling, remove fish from marinade and place on grill, cook until desired temperature is reached.
- If sautéing, remove from marinade and place in sauté pan with a touch of oil.
- Cook until fish is golden brown.
Alright Crabbycakes. You hit a home run with this recipe. I think the flavor is awesome. Most importantly, for impatient me, this recipe was fast and easy. I seldom have success with fish grilled at home, but I finally succeeded with this. I think perhaps it was because of the oil used in the recipe, as my fish always sticks to the grill rack, but this did not. It was tender and juicy, not dry. It had great flavor. I will fix again and again. I use liquid smoke quite often in my fish recipes. Thanks again. Cannot thank you enough.
My husband is not too big on liquid smoke, so I cut back by 1/2 tsp. It was really good, but my husband said it was a trifle bland. I thought it needed just a little salt, so next time I think I'll try some soy in the marinade. All in all, VERY tasty!!