Recipe by LiisaN
This is my Vienna bread recipe that is the standard request at potlucks, dinners and my kids favorite (they'd eat this over store bought any day). I do use my bread machine to do the dirty work--but I love the smell of the bread baking from my oven..so I prefer to bake it there. I especially like to make toast with lots of butter the next day (if there is any left). The taste is really good and goes well with any meal.
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 3 tablespoons powdered milk
- 3 cups bread flour
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons yeast
Directions See How It's Made
- Place in bread machine in order given.
- I use the dough setting on mine- just for the mixing and raising.
- When dough is complete- roll out in rectangle and form long loaf.
- Let raise again-- approx. 20 minutes.
- I use a clay stone for baking.
- Bake at 375 degrees for approx. 25 minutes.
- If using the bread machine for baking-- use the light setting.