Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is my Vienna bread recipe that is the standard request at potlucks, dinners and my kids favorite (they'd eat this over store bought any day). I do use my bread machine to do the dirty work--but I love the smell of the bread baking from my oven..so I prefer to bake it there. I especially like to make toast with lots of butter the next day (if there is any left). The taste is really good and goes well with any meal.
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 3 tablespoons powdered milk
- 3 cups bread flour
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons yeast
- Place in bread machine in order given.
- I use the dough setting on mine- just for the mixing and raising.
- When dough is complete- roll out in rectangle and form long loaf.
- Let raise again-- approx. 20 minutes.
- I use a clay stone for baking.
- Bake at 375 degrees for approx. 25 minutes.
- If using the bread machine for baking-- use the light setting.
This bread was OK but not what I was looking for...
used it twice works great