Prep 45 mins
Cook 20 mins
Savory little meat pastry treats! Prefect for cocktail/appetizer party. I remember being at a family party when I was a kid - and being scolded for eating too many of them. These are very good! (Cook time does not include the dough chilling)
- 1 cup butter
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄4 cup cream or 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 dash salt
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper, chopped fine
- 1 large onion, chopped fine
- 3⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 3 slices white bread
- Mix crust ingredients to make a dough.
- Chill overnight.
- Soak bread in water.
- Drain and mash Brown ground beef with onions and pepper.
- Add seasonings and bread.
- Mix very well, cover to steam 5-10 minutes.
- Roll dough 1/8 inch thick.
- Using a small juice glass (3" diameter) cut circles.
- Fill each circle half with 1/2 to 1 tsp of filling.
- Fold other half of circle over filling and seal seams, crimp edge.
- Brush with beaten egg white.
- Bake 400* oven for 20 minutes- until browned.
- These can be made ahead and frozen/reheated.