Recipe by LiisaN
This is my family's favorite cookie! I've tried other chocolate chip or M&M cookies..and we keep coming back to this one! Hope you agree!
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks)
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 (12 ounce) package chocolate chips or 1 (12 ounce) package M&M's semi-sweet chocolate baking bits
- 3⁄4 cup chopped nuts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream sugars and butter.
- Add egg, mix until well blended.
- Add vanilla.
- Add the baking soda, salt at this point.
- Add the 2 cups flour.
- Mix until well blended.
- Mix in or fold in the chocolate chips/M&Ms and nuts.
- I use a cookie scoop to place on baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10-13 min.
- (my oven/family like it at 12 minutes).
- Cool 1 minute on pan, before moving cookies to cooling rack.