Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
This is my family's favorite cookie! I've tried other chocolate chip or M&M cookies..and we keep coming back to this one! Hope you agree!
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks)
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 (12 ounce) package chocolate chips or 1 (12 ounce) package M&M's semi-sweet chocolate baking bits
- 3⁄4 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Cream sugars and butter.
- Add egg, mix until well blended.
- Add vanilla.
- Add the baking soda, salt at this point.
- Add the 2 cups flour.
- Mix until well blended.
- Mix in or fold in the chocolate chips/M&Ms and nuts.
- I use a cookie scoop to place on baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10-13 min.
- (my oven/family like it at 12 minutes).
- Cool 1 minute on pan, before moving cookies to cooling rack.
My fiance's family had an Easter cookout yesterday and we made theese cookies, and they were great! We made six dozen and they were good and soft! Keep up the good baking!
I was worried when I pulled them from the oven because they didn't look done. They looked to fluffy but I took them out and let them sit. These are being used for gifts so I was worried about them bieng to hard. ABSOLUTELY NOT! They are 4 days old and the flavor is still just as good AND still very soft! Thanks agian!