Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This is one of the best banana breads out there. It's very moist and full flavored. Often, I'll put in mini-muffin tins for the kids (cut the baking time)...it is really that good!! Hope you think so too!
- 118.29 ml oil (I use a canola)
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 473.18 ml flour
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml salt
- 44.37 ml milk
- 2.46 ml vanilla
- 118.29 ml chopped pecans
- Cream the oil, sugar, eggs together.
- Add the mashed bananas.
- Sift the dry ingredients together and add slowly to the creamed mixture.
- Add the milk and vanilla.
- Fold in the chopped pecans.
- Bake in a greased and parchment lined pan at 350 degrees for 1 1/2 hours.
Love how easy this is. Combining the Sugar, Oil & Eggs makes a silky emulsion that absorbs the dry ingredients nicely. I used chopped walnuts, and then walnut oil to boost the flavor. Baked it just about 1 hour & 7 min in a metal pan. Just perfectly golden, not overbaked. My new go-to recipe - thanks!
This bread is the bomb!! I added some spices cinnamon, nutmeg, clove, and cardamom.
It is that good... Liisa did not give a pan size so I used a 9 X 5 glass loaf pan. It could have been the glass, but it seemed to be done after an hour and 10 minutes I left it in for one hour 20 min which was too long. it was not burnt just over brown. I put a foil tent over it at one hour because it was getting too brown. I also did not line the pan with parchment.