Recipe by Motley Oklahoman
Delicious Northern Italian pie using healthy kale and yummy potatoes. And enough cheese to melt it all together.
- 2 pie crusts
- 3⁄4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 3⁄4 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 large potato, boiled, chopped, and cooled
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 cups kale leaves, chopped to smallish bits
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a large saute pan on medium heat. Saute onion til barely golden brown on edges. Add in kale and 3 tablespoons of water. Put on lid and let kale wilt. Remove lid and continue to stir and saute til most moisture is gone.
- Mix kale and onion, potato, cheeses, and a bit of salt and pepper in medium bowl. Pour beaten eggs over, mix thoroughly.
- Place first pie crust flat onto a sheet pan that's been sprayed, or brushed down, with olive oil. Heap kale mixture onto middle of pie crust, leaving 1/2" empty around edge. Place second crust on top, and crimp edges shut. Brush top and edges of torta with remaining olive oil. Slash a few holes in the top for steam venting.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes. Should be just golden brown.