Recipe by Splash035
This one is a great dish to eat with your hands. Its messy and fun. Scoop up the extra sauce with some good bread. Leftovers make an awesome sandwich the next day.
- 59.16 ml flour
- sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1814.36 g chicken, cut into 8 pieces
- 59.14 ml olive oil
- 4-5 fresh rosemary
- 6 garlic cloves, sliced thinly
- 354.88 ml white wine
- 4 anchovy fillets (optional)
- 118.29 ml kalamata olive (with pits)
- 396.89 g can chopped tomatoes
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine flour with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add chicken pieces and coat evenly.
- Place a large dish over medium-high heat and heat olive oil.
- Add chicken pieces, and fry until golden, about 5 minutes.
- Turn chicken, and add rosemary and garlic.
- Continue to fry until garlic is softened but not colored, about 3 minutes.
- Add wine.
- When it comes to a boil, add anchovies, olives and tomatoes.
- Partly cover pan, and reduce heat to medium low.
- Simmer until chicken is cooked and tender 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove chicken and continue to reduce the sauce until it is thickened.
- Discard the rosemary sprigs, and season well with salt and pepper to taste.