Recipe by Mamie37
Lite alternative to the original corned beef version. From our local market deli.
Top Review by Jenny Sanders
We used Jagdschnitten rye bread (with whole wheat kernals in it) for this, and regular Thousand Island dressing. It was very tasty, although I am glad I used about half the quantity of dressing called for; it would have been a bit soggy otherwise. A quick and pleasant lunch on a winter day, although the nutrition facts remind me why I have a Reuben about once a year.
- 2 slices marbled rye bread
- 4 tablespoons reduced-fat thousand island dressing
- 4 slices madrigal swiss cheese
- 1⁄4 cup drained sauerkraut
- 3 ounces turkey, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons butter, softened
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat skillet on medium.
- Spread dressing evenly over 1 side of each bread slice.
- Place 2 slices cheese over dressing on one bread slice and top with half of sauerkraut, turkey, remaining sauerkraut, and remaining 2 slices of cheese.
- Place remaining bread slice, dressing side down on top.
- Butter outside of each slice evenly.
- Place in skillet, and brown both sides of sandwich, about 3 minutes on each side.