Recipe by Kirste
quick and yummy cake I once made mistake and doubled the buttermilk (1 cup). I baked the cake in a springform pan and let it cool completely in the pan. My son prefers the mistake to the original recipe.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt, plus
- 1⁄8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 large eggs, room temp
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon Bourbon
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar, for dusting
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour 9-inch round cake pan. Tap out excess flour.
- Sift together dry ingredients.
- Beat the eggs until blended and frothy. Whisk in sugar and beat until well blended, 1 minute.
- Whisk in flour mixture with as few strokes as possible. Then whisk in milk, remaining melted butter, and the flavorings. Pour batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake the cake 35 to 40 minutes, or until the tester comes out clean. Cool the cake on rack for 5 minutes, then invert onto the rack. Cool completely.
- Invert on cake plate. Dust with confectioner's sugar.