I really like couscous and this is one way I serve it. It is usually a side dish but sometimes I have it as my lunch.
- Put vegetable stock, shallots, carrots and spices into a pot and bring to a rapid boil.
- Boil for two or three minutes until the carrots are becoming tender.
- Pour in couscous, cover and remove from heat.
- Let stand for about five minutes until all the liquid is absorbed and the couscous is tender.
- Put back onto a very low heat and just stir through the margarine until the couscous is fluffed up.
Great couscous dish! Loved the spicing, nothing overpowering but very tasty. I used baby carrots so just sliced thinly instead of shaving. Served with grilled shrimp; I think it would be great with chicken too, or on its own as a light lunch. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
Well you're right, this is a lovely side lunch to be enjoyed in the bright sunshine of the day. Or curled up on the couch taking sometime out, devouring this special couscous! I followed this exactly, loving the shallots, cumin, and small carrot. Lovely! will be making this more often. Made for ZWT6 Zee Zesties!
Hi Sara, I have just had this for my lunch and it is fabulous, I have never made couscous before but I have had shop bought, and there is just no comparison. I didn't think I liked it much but home made it tastes great and I find I love it. Great for a quick lunch or great i think with fish. I made it just like the recipe said I am now a convert to couscous. Thank you so much for posting. Made for ZWT#6 2010.