I really like couscous and this is one way I serve it. It is usually a side dish but sometimes I have it as my lunch.
- Put vegetable stock, shallots, carrots and spices into a pot and bring to a rapid boil.
- Boil for two or three minutes until the carrots are becoming tender.
- Pour in couscous, cover and remove from heat.
- Let stand for about five minutes until all the liquid is absorbed and the couscous is tender.
- Put back onto a very low heat and just stir through the margarine until the couscous is fluffed up.