- 1 1⁄2 cups vegetable stock
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 1 small carrot, sliced into ribbons with vegetable peeler
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 cup couscous
- 2 teaspoons low-fat margarine
Directions See How It's Made
- Put vegetable stock, shallots, carrots and spices into a pot and bring to a rapid boil.
- Boil for two or three minutes until the carrots are becoming tender.
- Pour in couscous, cover and remove from heat.
- Let stand for about five minutes until all the liquid is absorbed and the couscous is tender.
- Put back onto a very low heat and just stir through the margarine until the couscous is fluffed up.