Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I adapted this recipe from one I saw in BBC Good Food magazine. I like the fact that it's all done in one skillet so there's not so much clean-up afterwards. It's highly versatile, so please play with it to suit whatever is in your fridge.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium white onion, chopped
- 100 g frozen peas or 100 g green beans, trimmed and chopped
- 300 g ground pork or 300 g pork fillets
- 2 teaspoons paprika (smoked is nice)
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 250 ml chicken stock or 250 ml chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon Greek yogurt
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat the oil in a large, non-stick frying pan.
- Add the chopped onion.
- If you are using fresh beans add them now.
- Sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the pork and stir fry for 3-4 minutes until it starts to brown.
- Add the spices and mix in with the other ingredients in the frying pan for about 30 seconds.
- Add the chicken stock and the frozen peas or frozen beans, if you are using them.
- Let simmer for 3-4 minutes until the liquid is reduced by about half.
- Take off the heat and stir in the yogurt.
- Season to taste and serve with rice, pasta or potatoes.
This was very good and easy to make. I followed the recipe and next time I think I will throw in some more greens but wouldn't change anything else. Thank you for posting this!