Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
A slight variation fromthe book Food Men Love
- 1⁄2 cup sweet butter, softened
- 3 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract or 3⁄4 teaspoon lemon extract, for an extra lemon kick
- 1⁄3 teaspoon lemon juice
- 5 tablespoons half-and-half
- With an electric mixer on low-speed, cream butter, sugar, vanilla and lemon juice.
- Slowly add the half-and-half until the frosting is creamy.
- Beat well, but do not overmix or the frosting will seperate.
- Ice to your heart's content!
- Makes enough for one 9-inch 2-layer cake or one dozen cupcakes.