This is a cream cheese drop cookie iced with smooth, sweet, light, lemon icing.
Make and share this Lightly Lemon Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 3 large egg yolks (room temperature)
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese (room temperature)
- 1 1⁄3 cups butter (room temperature)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 cup butter (room temperature)
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- fresh lemon juice, as needed
- Cookie Dough:.
- Combine yolks, sugar, cream cheese, butter and vanilla. Beat until smooth.
- Add flour, salt and baking powder to creamed mixture. Blend well .
- Drop dough by teaspoonful onto greased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350°F for 10 minutes.
- Mix powdered sugar and butter; gradually add lemon juice until of frosting consistency.
- Spread frosting over cooled cookies.