Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A recipe from Rick Stein, found in Australian House & Garden magazine. Quick & easy.
- 1⁄3 cup good-quality mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mild curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 dashes Tabasco sauce
- 500 g fresh white crab meat
- 3 -4 medium tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 bunches watercress, roots trimmed
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- fresh whole wheat bread, to serve
- In a bowl, combine mayonnaise, curry powder, lemon juice & Tabasco sauce.
- Add crab meat, stir gently to coat & season.
- Place a few slices of tomato overlapping in the centre of 4 small plates & season lightly with salt.
- Spoon some of the crab meat mixture on top.
- Toss the cress with the oil,season lightly with salt & pepper & pile alongside.
- Serve with wholemeal bread.