Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
Modified from a recipe already listed, making these cookies healthier and with less sugar.
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-fat peanut butter
- 3⁄4 cup Splenda brown sugar blend
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄4 cup wheat germ
- 1⁄4 cup ground flax seeds
- 3⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- Combine margarine and peanut butter until smooth.
- Add egg and sugar until well blended.
- Add vanilla, salt and baking soda.
- Mix in rolled oats, wheat germ and flax seeds until well combined.
- Mix in whole wheat flour.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheet.
- Flatten with a fork.
- Bake at 350°F for 10-12 minutes.
These were very yummy! We skipped the flax and added 1 cup of whole wheat flour instead, they stuck together just fine this way (also used regular peanut butter).
Very, very crumbly and didn't hold together well. Tasted good, though, next time I might try it with all WW flour and see how that goes.
These were delicious! Although I have to admit I used regular brown sugar and regular peanut butter as that was all I had on hand. So they weren't al light as the recipe intended but they were still wholesome compared to regular cookie recipes. I also added in 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips and halved the recipe. It made exactly 2 dozen cookies. Great!!