Recipe by Haversac
This is a modification of recipe 110659. Hopefully it's even better & better for you!
Top Review by Lori Mama
Delicious! My husband just loved it, as did I. We are not on any kind of diet, so I just made the recipe with regular ingredients. Nice change from the normal red sauced lasagna. :)
- 9 no-boil lasagna noodles
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans 98% fat-free cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 cup fat free sour cream
- 8 ounces sliced fresh mushrooms
- 9 ounces fresh spinach
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 cups shredded reduced-fat mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat parmesan cheese (reserve 1/4 cup for sprinkling over the top once lasagna is assembled)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over low to medium heat and cook the onion and garlic in the butter until tender, stirring frequently.
- In a large bowl, mix together cream of chicken soup, sautéed onions and garlic mixture, sour cream, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, basil, pepper, poultry seasoning, and 1/4 cup of shredded Parmesan cheese, and all of the cubed chicken.
- In a 9x13 inch casserole dish start layering as follows: place 3 lasagna noodles at bottom of dish, and spread half of the chicken mixture over the noodles, 1/2 of the mushrooms, and 1/2 of the spinach. Sprinkle 1/4 cup of grated parmesan cheese and 1/4 cup of mozzarella over the top.
- Create another layer by repeating above step.
- Use last 3 noodles to cover the second layer, and spread the entire top of the lasagna with the remaining 1 1/2 cups of shredded mozzarella and remaining 1/4 cup of parmesan.
- When the layering is completed, cover with aluminum foil, making certain that the foil is not touching the top of the lasagna, and bake for 25 minutes @ 350 degree F (175 degrees C).
- Remove foil and continue baking, for another 15-20 minutes or until cheesee browns nicely.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving, so lasagna can set as cheese cools (I usually let it set overnight, to allow for easier cutting).
- Sprinkle parsley over dish before serving.
- (Can cut recipe in half and use a 8x8 pan as well. Freezes nicely!).