Recipe by merron-iru kami
This Dip is a huge hit at parties because it tastes great, but it's also low in fat (or fat-free, depending on your yogurt choice) and easy to make vegan using soy yogurt. Cook time includes one hour chilling in the fridge. Enjoy!
Top Review by jonesies
Wowser! This is great stuff!! I was very leary at first taste, but after sitting in the fridge over night, the flavors came through fabulously! My teenagers even enjoyed it, and that's saying a lot. Thank you so much for this terrific healthy alternative!
- 1 medium whole cucumber
- 3⁄4 cup plain unsweetened yogurt (or soy yogurt)
- 1 (1 ounce) packet ranch dressing mix (Vegans, check your ingredient list! It should contain no cane sugar, casesin or other dairy)
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel the cucumber, if desired (we always leave the skin on for the nutrients and the lovely color).
- Slice cucumber in half length-wise and scoop out seeds.
- Dice cucumber and add to a bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Refridgerate at least one hour prior to serving.
- Serve chilled with crudetes or whole-grain crackers.