Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
This Dip is a huge hit at parties because it tastes great, but it's also low in fat (or fat-free, depending on your yogurt choice) and easy to make vegan using soy yogurt. Cook time includes one hour chilling in the fridge. Enjoy!
- 1 medium whole cucumber
- 3⁄4 cup plain unsweetened yogurt (or soy yogurt)
- 1 (1 ounce) packet ranch dressing mix (Vegans, check your ingredient list! It should contain no cane sugar, casesin or other dairy)
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Peel the cucumber, if desired (we always leave the skin on for the nutrients and the lovely color).
- Slice cucumber in half length-wise and scoop out seeds.
- Dice cucumber and add to a bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Refridgerate at least one hour prior to serving.
- Serve chilled with crudetes or whole-grain crackers.
Wowser! This is great stuff!! I was very leary at first taste, but after sitting in the fridge over night, the flavors came through fabulously! My teenagers even enjoyed it, and that's saying a lot. Thank you so much for this terrific healthy alternative!