1/1 Photo of Lighter Snickerdoodles
Chris from Kansas's Note:
This recipe uses less butter than the original and they still taste great. The recipe is from Dr. Cookie, which is a book that shows you how to make recipes more healthy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 and coat 2 baking sheets with nonstick cooking spray.
- 2Beat the margarine and 1 1/2 cups sugar with an electric mixer until fluffy.
- 3Add the milk, egg, and egg whites and beat again.
- 4Add the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt and beat until well mixed.
- 5Combine the remaining sugar and the cinnamon in a shallow plate or bowl.
- 6Shape the dough into 1-inch balls and roll them in the cinnamon sugar to coat on all sides.
- 7The dough will be sticky.
- 8If it's too difficult to handle, flour your hands lightly.
- 9Arrange the balls of dough on the baking sheets and flatten them slightly with your fingers or the back of a spoon.
- 10Bake for 8 to 10 miniutes or until the cookies are lightly browned.
- 11Cool the cookies on the baking sheet for about 5 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- 12Repeat until all cookies are baked.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lighter Snickerdoodles
Serving Size: 1 (973 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 98.8
- Calories from Fat 24
- Total Fat 2.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 5.8 mg
- Sodium 134.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 9.7 g
- Protein 1.4 g