Recipe by Kasha
From Cooking Light.
Top Review by Curlee827
Sooooo good... I used sliced firm tofu instead of shrimp.. omitted the fish sauce (didn't have any) and used olive oil instead of canola. Quick, easy, spicy and delish!!! (the tofu fell apart once I tossed it with the sauce and noodles but I didn't mind!.) Satisfied my pad thai craving (and was so quick to make!)
- 8 ounces uncooked flat rice noodles
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon chili-garlic sauce
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- green onion, pieces
- 8 ounces peeled and deveined large shrimp
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup fresh bean sprout
- 1⁄4 cup chopped dry-roasted unsalted peanuts
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil, thinly sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook noodles according to package directions; drain.
- While water comes to a boil, combine sugar and next 4 ingredients (through Sriracha) in a small bowl.
- Heat a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add onion pieces, shrimp, and garlic; stir-fry 2 minutes or until shrimp is almost done. Add cooked noodles; toss to combine. Stir in sauce; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly to combine. Arrange about 1 cup noodle mixture on each of 4 plates; top each serving with 1/4 cup bean sprouts, 1 tablespoon peanuts, and 2 teaspoons basil.