1/2 Photos of Lighter Roasted Garlic Chicken Soup
2 hrs 45 mins
2 hrs 30 mins
This recipe is a lighter version of Roasted Garlic/Chicken Soup. It is still very tasty (Well we thought so) I used One Swedish whole wheat small rusk per serving but it would not show in the ingredients - They are apprx. 2 1/2 " by 1" across so I say Rusk in the recipe but they are much larger. I used Knorr Beef Aroma spice but this is another unknown spice so I listed ancho chilli spice- Any of your favorite nippy spice will do. I use a "No Oil" cooking spray but listed it as Pam. I always have roasted garlic ready in my freezer so this soup only takes me minutes to put together
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut the top 1/4 inch from each garlic clove and remove most of the outer skin. Spray tops with PAM.
- 2Place in a small baking dish and Bake in a 325 oven for 1 1/2 hours.
- 3Remove & when cool enough squeeze out all the cloves and chop.
- 4Place all the ingredients, except the rusk in a pot.
- 5Bring to a boill and simmer for 45 minutes.
- 6Meanwhile cut the rusks into cubes, or use ready made croutons.
- 7Serve floating the rusk bets on top of the soup.
Browse Our Top Clear Soup Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Clear Soup Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lighter Roasted Garlic Chicken Soup
Serving Size: 1 (48 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 75.9
- Calories from Fat 16
- Total Fat 1.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 11.6 mg
- Sodium 16.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 5.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
low sodium vegetable broth
whole wheat rusks