Prep 5 mins
Cook 13 mins
My version of a recipe from Light and Tasty.
- 1 cup Smart Balance butter spread
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup egg substitute
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup pumpkin
- 3⁄4 cup mini chocolate chip
- In a mixing bowl cream together butter and sugars. Add egg and vanilla, beat to mix.
- In another bowl mix flours, oatmeal, soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- Add flour mixture to sugar mixture slowly, alternating with adding pumpkin. Mix well.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto greased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 for 12-13 minutes or until lightly browned.
I'm always up for a pumpkin & chocolate combo, & in these cookies, that was great! Very, very tasty & much enjoyed when I shared them at a park potluck! Another time, though, I'd be happy to make them a little bigger! Thanks for sharing your wonderful recipe! [Made & reviewed in 1-2-3 Hits tag]
This was a very good cookie recipe! I was looking for a recipe for an oatmeal chocolate cookie that I could add some mint chips and peanut butter chips I found in my cupboard.....when I saw this had whole wheat flour and pumpkin (2 ingredients I ALWAYS substitute in ) I was sold without even tasting! I made a double batch and added 3 squares bakers unsweetened chocolate (melted) in to the egg mixture before adding flour mixture. It is a WONDERFUL chocolate oatmeal chip cookie! It would be yummy with white chocolate chips too! Thanks for this yummy recipe! I will definitely be making again! I now have about 10 dozen cookies all packed up and in the freezer for school lunches that start in a few weeks! Thanks again!
what a delicious vegan cookie! I doubled the recipe in order to use a whole can of pumpkin. I keep forgetting to buy brown sugar, so I used regular organic sugar and added a tiny drizzle of molasses. Also, I subbed pumpkin-pie spice for the cinnamon. I like that these cookies are flavorful but not too sweet and have some nutrients (plus chocolate!). They're perfect for the holidays! Made for Veg*an Swap