From Family Circle Magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 lbs new potatoes, cut in half if large
- 3 teaspoons salt, divided
- 2 cups plain Greek yogurt or 2 cups plain yogurt, see thickening method below
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh chives, snipped
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1In a large saucepan, cover potatoes with cold water and 2 teaspoons of salt; bring to a boil and cook until tender, about 12 minutes; drain and cool.
- 2In a large bowl, whisk together yogurt, sour cream, green onions, chives, lemon juice, horseradish, sugar, pepper and remaining 1 teaspoon salt.
- 3Quarter potatoes and add to dressing; toss to coat and refrigerate until serving.
- 4**Note: Regular plain yogurt can be used. Line a large strainer with cheesecloth and arrange over a bowl. Place regular yogurt in cheesecloth and let water drip off for about 20 minutes or so. It should then be the consistence of Greek yogurt, at a fraction of the cost!
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lighter Potato Salad
Serving Size: 1 (134 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 108.9
- Calories from Fat 13
- Total Fat 1.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 2.8 mg
- Sodium 598.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 2.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: