Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
From Family Circle Magazine.
Make and share this Lighter Potato Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 3 lbs new potatoes, cut in half if large
- 3 teaspoons salt, divided
- 2 cups plain Greek yogurt or 2 cups plain yogurt, see thickening method below
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh chives, snipped
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- In a large saucepan, cover potatoes with cold water and 2 teaspoons of salt; bring to a boil and cook until tender, about 12 minutes; drain and cool.
- In a large bowl, whisk together yogurt, sour cream, green onions, chives, lemon juice, horseradish, sugar, pepper and remaining 1 teaspoon salt.
- Quarter potatoes and add to dressing; toss to coat and refrigerate until serving.
- **Note: Regular plain yogurt can be used. Line a large strainer with cheesecloth and arrange over a bowl. Place regular yogurt in cheesecloth and let water drip off for about 20 minutes or so. It should then be the consistence of Greek yogurt, at a fraction of the cost!